Followers

Wednesday 6 May 2020

G is for Guest House


I may change my mind, as I often do, but this is the best pub in Southport(when it's open).

What Pub describe it as:

Located close to station and Lord Street, listed building with an impressive frontage and interior with three separate wood panelled drinking areas.

There are eleven hand pumps with a wide variety of ales from breweries noted or other brewers, one of which serves a local micro brewery and there is a wide range of malt whiskies. 

Quiet traditional pub with outside seating at front and courtyard area to the rear. Mixed clientele with quiz night on Thursday and acoustic folk club nights on the first and third Mondays of each month.

I've been drinking here ever since we first found it when me moved here from Warrington.

It has only changed in minute details, such as there being less horse brasses on the walls.

When we got married in 2001 we met our friends from Wrigley head Morris Men here, walking to the pub from the Town Hall where we were wed.

I have enjoyed quiz nights, folk music nights, folk song nights, Southport Swords events(they beheaded me only once), pub crawls and generally meeting and drinking with my mates.

What do I like about the pub?

Good choice of beer
Well kept beer
Excellent landlady.
No jukebox.
Proper bogs(well Gents at least)
Rarely any children.
Until very recently....no food.

There's a hidden beer garden(yard) at the back and a couple of benches outside the door on the street to enjoy the beer and watch the world go by when the weather allows.

When the current plague ends, this is probably where I will sup my first pint)s).




No comments:

Post a Comment

L is for Lakeside Inn The World Famous Wrigley head Morris Men outside the Lakeside Inn The Lakeside Inn in Southport will always be one of ...