Followers

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Welcome to life at Sea Cop

Hello to anybody reading this, my first post in my second attempt at creating a blog.

Several years ago I spent a huge chunk of my time as a local councillor for Sefton MBC and in that previous life I maintained a, slightly political blog...which is no more.

Along with the rest of the planet I am currently "confined to barracks"  in our small shrimper's cottage here in Southport, Merseyside.

I'm bored, frustrated, slightly worried if I'm honest and in need of a new focus in my life other than hunting for paracetamols, bog rolls and tinned tomatoes.

For those of you who do not know me I am:

Name: Mike Booth

Politics: I was a member of the Liberal Democrats for many years and I was a Lib Dem Councillor for 12 years. Currently I am not a member of a political party.

Status:  Married to my wife Claire

Children: None, but we share our cottage with 2 border collies; Mona and Ramsey(I think I'll be posting on them later).

Job(s): I'm a retired teacher but I work part-time for the National Trust when not avoiding The Plague.

Home: Our home is a small, one bedroomed, ex-shrimper's cottage near to the sea in Southport.

Interests: Football(Manchester United), motorcycling, music, trying to learn musical instruments and giving up, walking, holidays and morris dancing when I can.

I'm not sure where this blog will take me as I never plan anything.

Hopefully it will keep me occupied and introduce me to some old and new friends. I'll try to keep away from politics, but it's bound to creep in.

I have considered structuring the blog chronologically from my childhood in Manchester through to the present day, but that's too structured for me. Instead I'll probably just post about whatever is interesting or annoying me at the time; once I've finished introducing myself, my home and my family to you.

That's all for now.


I can't remember what happens next as far as making all this searchable etc; so lets see what happens by tomorrow.








1 comment:

L is for Lakeside Inn The World Famous Wrigley head Morris Men outside the Lakeside Inn The Lakeside Inn in Southport will always be one of ...